Meet Our Providers
Meet Eric Shreder, DO
Dr. Eric O. Shreder is Board Certified in Family Medicine, and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. He is a FAA designated Senior Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) along with being HIMS (Human Intervention Motivation Study) certified. Dr Shreder is also a Commercial Pilot and Certified Flight Instructor. He is married with two children and enjoys: hiking, hunting, motorcycle riding and scuba diving, among other outdoor interests. Voted a top doctor in the East Valley Tribune.
Dr Eric Shreder is a friendly, outgoing, social guy who took an interesting path into medicine. He grew up on the east coast in Salem, Massachusetts. He graduated with Honors from Boston College, learned to fly airplanes and later obtained a Masters Degree from Villanova University with a degree in Experimental Psychology. He then took a job with Boeing, McDonnell Douglas and MD Helicopters as a cockpit design engineer. Along the way, he earned both Commercial and Flight Instructor ratings.
After 10 years in the aerospace industry, a personal family medical tragedy spurred a passion for working not just with machines – but with people. Applying to medical school, he was one of only a few selected as a “WICHE” scholar for the state of Arizona. Dr. Shreder completed a Family Medicine Residency with a strong emphasis in Dermatology. Since graduation, he has co-owned Community Family Medicine at Val Vista Lakes, Pierpont Family Medicine, and now Full Circle Health in Mesa – With an emphasis on getting to know the whole person, not just their diseases, he was voted as the top General Practice physician in Gilbert Arizona in 2014.
Dr. Shreder has never stopped training and expanding his area of expertise. Not satisfied with not being “sick,” his emphasis is on being and looking “well.” Believing medicine of the future must emphasize personal fitness, neutraceuticals, bioidentical hormones as part of an age management strategy, Dr. Shreder is a member of the American Association of Anti-aging Medicine (A4M), and has trained extensively with Dr. Neil Rousier – a guru in hormone replacement. He has also trained extensively at the expert level in Aesthetic Medicine using Botox, Fillers, as well as, lasers, ultrasound, and Coolsculpting.
- B.A Boston College -1981
- M.S. Villanova University – 1983
- D.O. Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine- 1998
- Traditional General Practice Internship, and Family Practice Residency with emphasis in Dermatology at Midwestern University.
Awards and Distinctions:
- 2008 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2009 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2010 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2010 Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- 2011 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2011 Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- 2012 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2012 Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- 2012 Patient’s Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- 2014 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2014 Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- 2014 Best of Gilbert Primary Care East Valley Tribune